Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Idli – 8th wonder of the world!!

I have been and am one of the greatest fans of idli like many of you and if you don’t agree that idli isn’t the eighth wonder of the world than I think you need to check your cognitive abilities. In fact, I would go ahead and assert that after James Watt invented the steam engine, the second best invention from steam has been idli only.

Morning 2 idlis with some sambar, podi and chatni makes your day. You can’t think of a better breakfast, once you’re addicted to this savory cake, as people christen it.

Even though I am such a promoter of Idli, you can’t ask me how to prepare that. I am best at eating only.

But if you are really interested in knowing the recipe here’s the URL that can get you to the coveted destination. How to prepare Idli: http://www.surfindia.com/recipes/idli.html

The good things about idli are:
1. Easy to cook.
2. You can prepare it quickly, if the batter is ready.
3. Eat it any time during the day!
4. No fat, calories or anything that’s unhealthy.

And if you are a firm believer of “Pet shant to dimaag shant” and “Pehle pet puja, phir kaam duja” then nothing better than idli to have.

So keep eating idli and keep rocking!

3 comments:

Rishi said...

After reading this, anyone can easily feel your "unconditional love" for the Idli. But again, this love is also unidirectional, valid for eating only... ;)

I also praise Idli for its goodness. I like to add one more 5th point to the list of good things:

5. Easy to eat also... :)

Chetan Giridhar said...

Thnkas Rishi. ;)

Manisha Shanbhag said...

I can understand ur craze for Idly ..... but I truely recommend you make idly by urself atleast once then c the fun :-)