Friday, November 28, 2008

A life less ordinary!!!

It was very early in the morning (0800 hrs is early for me at least); Bangalore’s cool breeze was refreshing and inspiring me to sleep more. But unfortunately it was Friday and I had to leave for office. So, I got up and after performing the obligatory tasks for the day, I switched on TV and started zipping through the newspaper. The Mumbai attacks were still going on and NSG task force was doing its best to kill the terrorists and free the people from clutches of the militants. As I was in a hurry to get to office, I resorted to reading the newspaper more than the TV. At least you get the details quickly without waiting for the TV advertisements!

As I was browsing through the pages, one of the articles grabbed my attention more than the others. On carefully observing, I could make out that the photo that was attached with the article was of one of my friends’ snap who had joined with me as a Campus joinee in Wipro technologies. Malay Banerjee, was an architect passed out of Kharagpur and was native of Ranchi. Even before completing the Wipro training, he had decided to join a bank in Mumbai. Everything had gone well with him. Recently he was engaged too. So seeing his picture in the newspaper, I contemplated that this must have been one of the achievements in his life that TOI has appreciated. With lots of zeal, I read the headlines of the article. I was jolted when I realized the article meant Malay was killed in the terror attacks in Café Leopold, Mumbai. This news came in as a shock to me. Never had I expected anything like this would happen to one of my friends. Immediately, I called Bhakti our common friend and informed her about the incidence. She too was shattered.

It was the first terror attack that had affected me, even though indirectly!! Think of the agony his family would have gone through. Indeed, it was a life less ordinary for Malay.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly un fortunate .... I too was in loss of words when I came across this news.

Lets pray for him. Thats the least we can do

Unknown said...

That was a really unfortunate and shocking incident. May god give strength to the family members all those who are affected by the Mumbai terror attack.

Jyotsana Giridhar said...

it was really shocking. lets pray for him.